Monday, August 20, 2012

Chapter 2

They sat down to eat. She remained silent. 

"This is really good." Jeremiah said to her. Jeffery didn't look up from stuffing his face with pasta. Jeremiah gave him a look of disapproval. 

"Jeffery your mother wouldn't approve of eating like that if she were here." Jeremiah scolded him. Esraella looked up from her dinner. 

"You should tell me about yourselves." She said. Jeffery stopped eating for a moment. Jeremiah cleared his throat. 

"There's not really much to tell, but I guess I could give you somewhat of a background." Jeremiah spoke. He looked down. He had a solemn look of sadness over his face. 

"Years ago, I was married to a beautiful woman. One night we got into a bad argument. Jeffery was five and I had two twin daughters who were two. She got mad and took the girls and left. After she left, I searched for them. I worried. I stayed up for days crying and searching. They found her car in a secluded lot, Katherine was dead. She had been shot in the head. Molly and Millie were missing. They never found them. They were also presumably dead as well, but there is no evidence of that. I grieved for years. I never remarried. I raised Jeffery and he's been with me since." Jeremiah said. She sat there, taking in the story he had just told her. 

"That's terrible. Did they catch the guy who did it?" She asked. He looked up. 

"No. He's still out there. If I ever find out who he is, I will kill him myself." Jeremiah said with intense anger. He grabbed a beer and started drinking. 

"Might I ask if there is anything a bit harder?" He asked. She looked up. 

"I have some liquor, but it is not wise to drink while you're so upset." She said to him. He didn't seem to pay it any mind. 

"I will be alright, a little shouldn't hurt me." He said. She got up and put it out for him. Jeffery just looked at her. 

"I am going up to my room, if you need anything, just let me know." She said to them. Jeremiah sat there drinking his alcohol in silence. Jeffery was also silent. 

Hours passed. It was now 2:30 AM and she had just fallen asleep when the door opened slowly. She felt someone was in there, but she didn't bother getting up. She was almost in a daze and was in a half sleep half awake state where she couldn't move. She felt him on her. She felt something was going on, but blacked out. When she woke up, it was 9:15 AM. The sun was shining through her window. Nothing seemed out of place. 

"Maybe what happened last night was a dream" She thought to herself. She got up to get ready to open up her business. She climbed out of bed and put on her normal uniform, if you could call it that, that she wears. Being the town Clairvoyant, she wore odd clothing anyways. She walked downstairs. She noticed Jeffery downstairs. Jeremiah was nowhere to be found. 

"Good morning. Wheres Jeremiah?" She asked Jeffery.

"He's asleep in his room. He drank too much last night and got sick, so I helped him to bed." He said to her. She paused for a minute. 

"Did you come into my room last night?" She asked him. He looked up. 

"My father did. He thought that was his bed and laid down. I guess he didn't see you there. I got him up and led him to his room. He was so out of it, he didn't know what he was doing." He said to her. 

"Okay, that makes sense then." She said. She walked into the parlor of the house that was closed off from the rest of the house. This was where she did her work. Her phone rang and it was a client needing a medium for a house that had some paranormal activity. 

"Alright. Don't give me any information about the house. It will only make my readings inaccurate." She told the client. She grabbed her keys and purse and headed out the door. She got into her car and drove to the place in question. 

She arrived at a house only half the size of hers. The client greeted her at the door. They invited her in.

"Oh my, there is definitely something here, no question about it. I sense a male presence. He's not very happy. Can I see the upstairs?" She asked the client as they walked upstairs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment